[Libreoffice] Tar / Zip wobbly

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Oct 26 14:01:24 PDT 2010

On 26/10/10 21:31, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Wols Lists <antlists at youngman.org.uk> wrote:
>> I'll investigate :-) but I've just tried a clean download and it's blown
>> up on me...
>>
>> checking for required Perl modules... Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in
>> [...]
>> Bearing in mind I've got Tar.pm (and Extract.pm) and am on gentoo, it
>> looks like it might think I'm on Windows or something stupid ...
> Well, if you explain why Archive/Zip.pm should be the same as Tar.pm
> or Extract.pm …

Bear in mind tar is a perfectly good extraction utility (that, in its
gnu form is probably quite capable of coping with zips), what the h***
are people doing assuming that zip is available on a *nix system!?

But the point is, it was all working fine a few days ago. Okay, there's
a distinct possibility it's my system (which is why I'm investigating)
because "emerge --update" updated perl for me ... , but I still stand by
my comment "what is zip doing on a nix system?"

Cheers,
Wol