[Libreoffice] inserting movie in presentation

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Wed Oct 27 07:15:16 PDT 2010

Just a quick question as whether anyone tried this with beta2 ( on linux
) on opensuse11.2
  I tried and failed to insert a movie ( ogg format ) in a presentation.
It failed reporting errors ala "format of selected file is unsupported"
etc. Since I have a somewhat dirty installation ( in terms of video
related bits ;-) ) would be great to know if someone else with a
standard system succeeded or not. othoh ogg plays beautifully in
banshee/totem suggesting that I haven't totally trashed my gstreamer
config or libs. So I wonder is there a bug in libreoffice or a problem
on my system

also rpm -v --verify --query --all "*gstreamer*" etc. doesn't flag any
problems either

thanks,
Noel