[Libreoffice] regression tests - for word count ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Oct 28 02:38:59 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 14:42 -0700, LeMoyne wrote:
> Using the following sample from a git patch one can see one way in which the
> current counting method comes up with fewer words than other methods do.
> +1747,9

	Well - this is fun indeed :-) I strongly suggest that we start to
create a compile-time regression test based on calc's (see sc/qa/unit/)
that will automatically create writer, populate it with a number of
sample texts - and then run the counting code, and verify the output.

> All these tests are with the aScanner.GetLen() > 1 check in place.  With
> that Len >=2 check, the new counting routine has no problem with single
> letter words like A, a, 1, -, or just ,

	Right - we need regression tests for all these corner cases - so we get
the right result :-)

	Anyone particularly brave that feels able to replicate the calc
regression tests for writer out there ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.