[Libreoffice] First build error: segmentation fault on vcl

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Oct 29 01:37:11 PDT 2010

Hi Dave,

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 13:54 -0700, Dave Lacy Kusters wrote:
> I tried tracking down the generation of the linker paths, but got bogged
> down in the details.  Then, I tried --without-stlport.  That got me different
> errors, so I switched gears and tried --disable-kde and --disable-kde4.  I
> got further, but hit an error compilng forms/source/component/GroupManager.cxx.
> The error is:
>
> /home/dlacykusters/libre/libreoffice/build/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.2/forms/source/component/GroupManager.hxx:75:
>  error: 'lower_bound' is not a member of '_STL'

	Urk :-) I removed my forms/unxlngi6.pro directory, updated and re-built
- it seems to be a transient problem; prolly introduced by some
over-enthusiastic windows porting ;-)

	Sorry pardon, and thanks for persisting here ! hopefully as/when we
branch for 3.3 (Saturday) we will have a stable branch to recommend for
new builds.

	The KDE / stlport nasty is really awful though; I -thought- we agreed
to default to --without-stlport : Caolan - is that so ? [ or do we again
need an auto-detecting thing that prefers the system version, for the
Devel profile ? ;-]

	All the best,

		Michael.