[Libreoffice] How to Use Other Source Files?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 03:36:04 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 20:45 +0800, imacat wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>     Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  I have successfully built
> LibreOffice from libreoffice-build-3.2.99.2.tar.gz.

Congratulations :-)

> However, I wonder what the other 20 source files are for, and most
>  importantly, how to use them?

If you use libreoffice-build and follow the procedure that you used to
successfully build libreoffice then the "download" step basically pulls
down the same content that those .tar.bz2 files contain.

They're effectively a snapshot of the contents of the clone dirs and
handy if someone doesn't have network access on their build machine, or
must feed LibreOffice into a build-system which doesn't allow network
access. They don't have git history, so not really recommended for
hacking with.

C.