[Libreoffice] Export OLE objects as PDF / graphics

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 12:24:24 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 21:02 +0200, Gert Faller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm studying the "Export OLE objects as PDF / graphics" feature and it reminds
> me of an other...
>
> When you import a picture in writer : you can't rotate it. It's a picture :
> style "Graphics".
> When you import a picture in draw : you can't rotate it. If you copy it back in
> writer, it's a "Drawing Object" and then you can rotate it.

Its one of the odd historical things, both writer and the drawing layer
have their own different graphics objects. You can do things with one
you can't do with the other. Its quite a nuisance alright. Ideally
should merge the feature set together and just use one.

It might be an interesting thing for you to try and play with. e.g.
SdrGrafObj is the key drawing layer graphic class, and SwGfrNode is the
key writer graphic class IIRC.

C.