[Libreoffice] Writer compatibility dialog options

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Oct 30 05:02:11 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 12:34 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Ron Faile wrote (30-10-10 02:36)
> > All, I'm working on updating the documentation for Writer. Noticed that
> > on the Options - LibreOffice Writer - Compatibility dialog, some options
> > have OpenOffice.org 1.1 in the name. LibO 3.3 beta2 EN. Thanks.
>
> The options indicate behaviour as was in OpenOffice.org 1.1, so IMO the
> text fits.

Yeah, those are various flags to toggle the behaviour of the writer
layout engine to effectively emulate what other or older version of an
application did by default. So they should remain as "OpenOffice.org
1.1" similar to something that might say "combine paragraph spacing like
WordPerfect 3.4" or "Use CJK Grid like Microsoft Word 95"

C.