[Libreoffice] yum-builddep question ...

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Oct 30 07:36:44 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 17:56 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:

> > Unfortunately, yum-builddep still isn't happy yet, even when I throw
> > --enablerepo=*SRPMS.  I still get a "No such package(s): gedit.src",
> > and the same for openoffice.org.src.  However, "yumdownloader
> > --source" will fetch source RPM's just fine.

Well, looking at a RHEL-5 box it simply seems that yum-builddep is
rather broken on RHEL-5. a) it needs the repo names to include "source",
b) it doesn't work anyway unless used with a specific
pre-downloaded .src.rpm

> Hmm...am I asking this in the wrong place?

Well its rather off-topic in one sense if yum-builddep doesn't work for
e.g. gedit then its a generic problem and not a LibreOffice related one.

> Just wanting to set up the compile environment for LibreOffice on CentOS 5.

Sure, so lets put the yum-builddep thing aside then and forget about it,
it was only meant to be a short-cut to getting what you need installed.
Try this...

yum install gcc-c++ ant java-devel junit4 flex bison perl-Archive-Zip
gtk2-devel freetype-devel gstreamer-devel autoconf

and see if that works, I've added that to the wiki at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build for
RHEL-5/CentOS-5, if its not sufficient then let me know what errors you
get about missing stuff and we'll just append to the list until it is
sufficient :-)

C.