[Libreoffice] How to send a 'git diff' file?

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:53:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

On 2010-09-28, at 19:45, Nick Savage wrote:

> I had the same problem. I used git to generate a patch file, and then
> sent it in, and the email was much too long to be accepted, so I am
> interested in how to do this as well.

I believe Git practice is if you can describe your change in 50 characters or less, it’s fine as a single patch. If not, split it up. If you have the former case–patch that makes sense as a single file but still too big for email–then you can (1) file a bug report and attach the patch to that, or (2) have a public Git repo on e.g. GitHub and email the list asking devs to pull your changes.

Yawar