[Libreoffice] easy hacks -- couple questions

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Sep 29 14:29:32 PDT 2010

Hi there,

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 09:17 -0400, Jonathan Zacsh wrote:
> I'm trying to help out with the "easy hacks" here:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/EasyHacks?action=show&redirect=Software/libreoffice/EasyHacks
>
> This is my first time looking at this code. A couple questions:
> - should I remove @author claims to specific code? (I know other
> projects I follow try to avoid @this-code-by so as to keep the code a
> _community_ owned thing).

	Personally I like some individual attribution :-) but as you like.

> - should I replace strings like "// FIXME blah" with "//@TODO: blah blah"
> (so that doxygen and other automations pick these comments up?)

	Sounds reasonable.

> Examples of both of the above are: lines 52 and 355 of
> build/extensions/coooder/source/org/openoffice/coooder/comp/HighlighterImpl.java

	This is really Cedric's code :-) I defer to him.

	I suspect you are missing the really deep code quality joy; did you run
'./download' (which clones the full source), and checkout the clone/
directory ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.