[Libreoffice] Do we want graphics people?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Sep 29 14:32:03 PDT 2010

Hi Zell,

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 19:19 -0700, Zell Faze wrote:
> A friend of mine pointed out to me that one of the main reasons people
> don't use OOo is that is looks like it is from the early 90s.  Are
> there any plans to "modernize" the interface of LibreOffice?

	Sure - there are some plans around improving toolkit layout that
requires some considerable rework - are you happy to hack on this ? if
so I'm happy to write up some notes, and there is certainly a chunk of
work there to re-factor dialogs left & right.

	Are you interested ? [ can you hack ? ;-].

	Creating new artwork is of course great too, but that doesn't require
-so- much co-ordination. Personally I'd value sticking with eg. the
Tango palette, and filling out areas where it is missing icons, so we
are at least fully consistent, and can finally dump the 'default' icon
set.

	Regards,

		Michael.