[Libreoffice] easy hacks

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Thu Sep 30 02:05:42 PDT 2010

Hi Jacopo,

thanks for the patch, just a couple of things, I'd like to preserve the
debug output
could you instead uncomment the debug lines and instead surround them
with a preprocessor conditional
e.g.

instead of
                Type ret = mModuleBuilder.GetType (args.Name, false);
-               //Console.WriteLine ("mModuleBuilder.GetType yields
{0}", ret);

do
                Type ret = mModuleBuilder.GetType (args.Name, false);
-               //Console.WriteLine ("mModuleBuilder.GetType yields
{0}", ret);
+               if ( DEBUG )
+                    Console.WriteLine ("mModuleBuilder.GetType
yields ....

also be careful of removing (maybe?) useful comments like below

-                       code.Emit (OpCodes.Ldarg_0); // push this
+                       code.Emit (OpCodes.Ldarg_0);

and

                        ilGen.Emit (OpCodes.Newobj,
ctorDeploymentException);
-                       ilGen.Emit
(OpCodes.Throw); //Exception(typeDeploymentExc);
+                       ilGen.Emit (OpCodes.Throw);

etc.

Please don't be discouraged and give it another whirl
Thanks,

Noel