[Libreoffice] How to send a 'git diff' file?

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Thu Sep 30 03:48:39 PDT 2010

Michael Meeks wrote:
> > I tried to send a patch earlier but it was rejected because my email
> > was too long.  Should I be submitting patches some other way?  Should
> > I be making changes in much smaller chunks?
>
> 	Thosten has just upped the limits on the mailing list; Failing that -
> if you whack the git-format-patch output into bugzilla, and post a link
> to the bug that might work (but is not preferred).

The limit is currently at 500k - if your patch is larger, please try
to split it up into topics - likely you've conflated separate
changes into one commit. Smaller patches greatly easy review, and
expedite integration. You can then mail each patch separately.

I concede that at times, e.g. if you move files around a lot, or
remove obsolete subsystems, a patch may get larger - please then
file a bug & attach it there, so as to not burden the list with
large attachments that are likely not read by anyone except the
reviewers.

Thank you for your understanding,

-- Thorsten