[Libreoffice] How to disable addon installation

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Apr 2 01:41:45 PDT 2011

Manuel Reimer wrote:
> As it's possible to install an addon by just passing it to the soffice
> executable, anything, a bad guy has to do, is to deliver a oxt file with
> the content type "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text".

Addition to my first post: Seems to be no bug but a feature. In the past it
pointed out that if it is made to easy to start potentially bad stuff, this
usually caused security problems.

As this (in my opinion too) simple way of installing addons is even documented here:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/resources/user/howto_install
I don't think that someone will change this.

So can someone please just point me to the setting to disable addon installation
at all?

Thanks

Yours

Manuel