[Libreoffice] Order of filters in the Open dialog

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 07:14:55 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm Matus Kukan, student from Bratislava, Slovakia.
I'd like to work on Libreoffice project at GSoC and now I'm working on
easy task.

My question is about exact order of filters in open dialog.
Should they be grouped according to module they belong to?
Now, it's working this way and to improve order there just need to be
added more filters in UISort.xcu [1].

Or all mixed together and sorted somehow?
This could be easy done by sorting filters by name but that's
something like undefined order and changing names probably isn't
possible.
Or maybe I could create module independent filter order. Something
like in UISort.xcu but with all filters (but there are many) and place
it somewhere.

best regards,
Matus

[1] http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/TypeDetection/UISort.xcu