[Libreoffice] [Patch] Python 3 compatibility for build tools + unicode support for filters

archlid atayoohoo at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 3 07:09:56 PDT 2011

This is my first contribution to LibreOffice.

I changed configure.in and pyAltFCFGMerge to support both Python 3 and
Python 2.x.
In configure.in I changed the way to get the python system library because
the old version
returned a wrong library.
In pyAltFCFGMerge, the files are read and written unicode encoded now,
because umlauts
caused errors. Perhaps the old unicode escaping can be removed, but I have
not the overview.
Some code and comments are reformatted in pyAltFCGFMerge.

Is pyAltFCFGMerge supposed to replace the Java merging program? I read that
the Java
dependencies will be reduced in LibreOffice.

Now I am patching pyuno to compile with python 3, but the patch is not ready
for committing.

--Archlid