[Libreoffice] Difficulty in the build process

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Apr 4 01:29:07 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 09:08 +0300, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> The error message says "configure: error: Xaw include headers not found".
> What this means is that you need to install some development packages
> for your Linux distribution so that 'autogen.sh' is able to configure
> your build.

	Right - if you are using a major Linux distribution - there are
instructions to ensure you have all the development packages you need
installed in the developers web page:

	http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/

something like this:

sudo apt-get build-dep openoffice.org # Debian & derivatives
sudo zypper si -d libreoffice-bootstrap # for OpenSUSE 11.4+ (OpenOffice_org-bootstrap before)
sudo yum-builddep openoffice.org # for Fedora & derivatives

	I guess we will need to tweak these package names as all distros
migrate to LibreOffice - but these are the easiest single-command-lines
to install what you need [ there are quite a lot of dependency packages
required I'm afraid :-].

	ATB,

		Michael.