[Libreoffice] icon in GNOME3

Andreas Proschofsky suka at gentoo.org
Tue Apr 5 02:34:34 PDT 2011

Hi Florian,

Well yes and no. The icons in the Linux binary are the right ones, but
if you build from source you still get the old ones by default. To add
complexity to this story: The icons in the screenshot are from the
openSUSE default icon set, I've used them on my system for the screens
as the LibreOffice default icons look pretty bad in GNOME3 atm.
(Disclaimer to those who don't know me: I'm the author of the article in
question). That's simply because we (LO) don't deliver high resolution
icons right now. What GNOME Shell / GNOME 3.0 would need is shiny
256x256 Pixel resolutions. 48x48 are scaled up and look very fuzzy as a
result.

So what needs to be done:

*) Add 256x256 pixel versions of the LO icons
*) Adapt libreoffice-build to actually use them ;)
*) Optionally: Make openSUSE to not use its own icons for
LibreOffice ;)

cheers
Andreas

--