[Libreoffice] ld dynamic linker hash style

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Apr 5 05:28:40 PDT 2011

Francois Tigeot píše v Út 05. 04. 2011 v 13:51 +0200:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 11:53:55AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	I guess it might be a good idea to default to 'auto' for hash-style,
> > and compile and link a small test program with that, defaulting to 'gnu'
> > if that is supported, and no flag if not. Should be fairly easy to do
> > that with an AC_TRY_RUN (?).
>
> That would be *much* better.

It sounds like the best solution.

Francois, would you be able to cook up something, please? If it is
enough to use AC_TRY_RUN, you might find some samples in
bootstrap/configure.in. If you want to require a minimal binutils
version, you might take inspiration at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/patches/dev300/link-as-needed.diff

Best Regards,
Petr