[Libreoffice] CVER / C52 cleaning

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Wed Apr 6 13:31:09 PDT 2011

Hi all,

CVER is defined in set_solenv.in and propagated in form of defines to the
entire source tree.

I've found it is almost unused expect in the following cases
- when set to C52 (version 5.2 of a solaris-specific compiler)
- when set to M1500 or M1600 (Microsoft Visual Studio compilers ?)

The M1500/M1600 value is only used once or twice, to change the name of a
file.
Only the C52 value is reasonably well used in the tree (24 occurences,
including comments).

The only references I found about a 5.2 version of a Sun compiler are
10-year old and I suspect we could simply remove the #if defined(C52) checks
from the tree.
(and then remove CVER, simplifying things a bit more).

Could a Solaris user confirm whether C52 is indeed completely obsolete
or not in the year 2011 ?

--
Francois Tigeot