[Libreoffice] Sun compiler

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon Apr 11 02:03:23 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 04:16:28PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 22:31 +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
>
> > Could a Solaris user confirm whether C52 is indeed completely obsolete
> > or not in the year 2011 ?
>
> 	I would just ignore it :-) when the Illumos (the only Solaris I care
> about personally) guys get to building LibreOffice, I imagine they will
> use gcc (free software) anyway.

I've asked some remaining *solaris users about their choice of compiler.

The immense majority now seems to use gcc.
Even the Blastwawe guys [1] plan to only use gcc in the future.

AFAIK, there's no real reason left not to remove support for the old Sun
compiler.

[1] http://www.blastwave.org/ - an organization providing software packages
for Solaris and OpenSolaris

--