[Libreoffice] Reducing -ggdb3 to -ggdb2

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 07:11:20 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 16:01 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> it. Almost five times the size of data is really a lot more data for I/O to
> shuffle back and forth.

I noticed recently that my linux --eanble-symbols solver is about 23gigs
in size, if it was e.g. half that I could play around with putting the
whole solver into tmpfs/ramdisk. So sounds good to me.

>  Also, when linking, I see sometimes -Wl,-O1 used, but only for some
> libraries. Does anybody know where that comes from?

solenv/inc/unxgcc.mk:LINKFLAGSOPTIMIZE*=-Wl,-O1

looks like the equivalent is missing from

solenv/gbuild/platform/unxgcc.mk ?

presumably it should also be in there if it was considered good enough
to have in the older dmake one.

C.