[Libreoffice] -Wl,-O1 (was Reducing -ggdb3 to -ggdb2)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Apr 12 11:15:59 PDT 2011

Hi Lubos,

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:25:58 +0200
Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:

> > solenv/inc/unxgcc.mk:LINKFLAGSOPTIMIZE*=-Wl,-O1
>  No, I forgot to mention, that's not the one:
> [...]

This is because of the way the migration to gbuild started: By
"emulating" the compile/link commands of the old build system as a
first step.
As vbaswobj.uno.so was using the LINKFLAGSOPTIMIZE it had the same link
flags explicitly added in Library_vbaswobj.mk.
No, I dont think it makes sense to link libs different. But it seems
to me that the old build system did it just as incomsistent:
LINKFLAGSOPTIMIZE is only used in LINKERVERSIONMAPFLAG, so libs
without a version map would not use the optimizations.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen