[Libreoffice] Libreoffice QA process outline - a coarse draft.

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Apr 14 03:06:51 PDT 2011

Yifan Jiang píše v St 13. 04. 2011 v 17:29 +0800:
> > > Collect the results on the wiki may be more easier for every body to
> > > participate.
> >
> > It might be enough to show them in Litmus if they are well visible
> > there.
>
> It looks a report page for a specific run can be generated as:
>
> https://tcm.documentfoundation.org/test_run_report.cgi?test_run_id=3
>
> Clicking the last column with non-zero inside would show the detailed
> result.
>
> Is it good enough for sharing info between QA team and release team?

The page looks fine. Well, there might be some problems:

     + the sample test cases are described in German; some people need
       not understand what the failed tests were about; it might get
       even more complicated i there are tests for other localizations

     + I am not sure how to distinguish how serious an error is; if it
       is a known bug or a regression in a core functionality

     + I am not sure how many test cases and test runs we would have.
       If we have too many, it might be quite complicated to do the
       Go/No-go decision by analyzing all the pages/numbers. In this
       case, we need to find a better way how QA people would inform
       about blockers, most annoying bugs.

Best Regards,
Petr