[Libreoffice] Failed compilation in basctl module

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 12:54:52 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 17:15 +0200, Julien Nabet wrote:
> Yes I put enable-layout. When you say "non-standard", what do you mean ?

./configure is "standard", anything else is sort of non-standard. Which
is why no-one had the same error messages as you.

I configured with --enable-layout, built to basctl, dug into
layout-pre.hxx and see that it defines Window to be ::Window so
the ::Window turns into "::::Window" hence the error message you get.

The whole bodge in layout to redefine things is super-ugly and at at
glance I can't see what *exactly* it want's to do, so I didn't bother
trying to fix it, as I can see its a going to be a big old pain in my
ass to see if we should hack ::Window to be just Window to make the
#define do the right thing, or change #define Window to using ::Window,
etc.

C.