[Libreoffice] make install broken?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Apr 20 04:06:29 PDT 2011

Am Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:25:39 +0200
schrieb Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth at web.de>:

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:42:31 +0200
> Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > ... (make DESTDIR=... install is broken for me).
>
> Hi all,
> I would recommend my patch attached. For that one would need
> to pass '--libdir=/usr/LIBDIR' to configure to behave. Otherwise it
> installs to /LIBDIR. Improvements to the patch are welcomed!
> Though, this way I came close to the old behaviour.
>
> @Petr
> Would you mind to commit if it is ok, please?
>

> Regards,
> Hanno

Reverting a change can only be a temporary solution. But it doesn't
work for me. With --libdir=/usr/LIBDIR it fails for me:

make DESTDIR=${pkgdir} install

==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package_libreoffice()...
Installing in /usr/LIBDIR/libreoffice...
mkdir /usr/LIBDIR: Permission denied at /build/src/build/solenv/bin/ooinstall line 32
make: *** [install] Error 255

I can install it using "make OODESTDIR=$pkgdir install" without
the permission error I get with the revert patch. But the files don't go
to the desired directories. Who has changed it for 3.4?
What was the intention and how should we use it?

-Andy