[Libreoffice] Smart art like functionality

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Apr 20 08:37:04 PDT 2011

Hi Kami,

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 17:14 +0200, KAMI911 KAMI911 wrote:
> We are very excited about the possibilities of LibreOffice, so we
> decided to try to rewrite Diagram extension [1] in C as a separated
> module.

	Nice ! :-)

>  Are there any ongoing development to create SmartArt related thing?

	Well - we have a prototype of this, which is badly need for OOXML
import - since the SmartArt stuff is serialised as XML entities with no
preview (last I looked).

>  Maybe the best would be to as like the Chart2 module. But we need
> help for the first steps. How can we start it? Or are there any
> related documentation, design draft, goal etc?

	So - Thorsten has some code for this, and we'd love to help mentor it -
as you say, it is a huge missing piece - and we'd really love to have
that integrated with the core.

	ATB,

		Michael.