[Libreoffice] Smart art like functionality

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Wed Apr 20 14:51:56 PDT 2011

Hi Kami, all!

Am Mittwoch, den 20.04.2011, 17:14 +0200 schrieb KAMI911 KAMI911:
> Hi Fellowship of Programmers,

??? :-)

> We are very excited about the possibilities of LibreOffice, so we
> decided to try to rewrite Diagram extension [1] in C as a separated
> module. Are there any ongoing development to create SmartArt related
> thing? Maybe the best would be to as like the Chart2 module. But we
> need help for the first steps. How can we start it? Or are there any
> related documentation, design draft, goal etc?

About one month ago, we had somebody approaching the Design list
concerning this topic. To make a long(er) story short, we collected some
material that has been created for OOo.

OOo wiki page "IntelligentGroup" (by RedOffice)
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/IntelligentGroup

A specification draft (quite complete if we want to stick with the
today's GUI ... also available from the page above)
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:IntelligentGroupSpec.odt

The OOoCon 2009 presentation for "IntelligentGroup"
http://conference.services.openoffice.org/index.php/ooocon/2009/paper/view/34/91

Providing a link to the source code at:
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/ooo/cws/impressintelligentgroup01

Announcement by the developers on the OOo dev list:
http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/dev/archive/2009-03/message/233

The Microsoft Office SmartArt description:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_2007#SmartArt

Here is the SmartArt thread starter on the Design ML:
http://www.mail-archive.com/design@libreoffice.org/msg01317.html

Thanks for Andreas Mantke who helped to collect that stuff. Hope this
helps ...

Cheers,
Christoph