[Libreoffice] Help on fixing set_soenv so that it uses configure --build options

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Apr 22 04:52:30 PDT 2011

Hi Pablo,

On 2011-04-21 at 15:17 -0400, Pablo Duboue wrote:

> I somehow feel the current LibO build scripts are doing things in two
> places. The parameters to the configure script plus the set_soenv
> script. From a conceptual perspective, it bothers me but if I'm the
> only one feeling like that, then there's no issue.

No, you are not the only one ;-)  We have big hopes in the updated build
system (gbuild) that will allow us to cleanup a lot, including this at
some stage.

Actually - are you interested in hacking buildsystem?  I am sure help
with turning the dmake-based modules into gbuild-based will be
appreciated :-)  So if yes, please show up on irc.freenode.net, channel
#libreoffice-dev.

Regards,
Kendy