[Libreoffice] Questions about OpenOffice developing

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Apr 26 06:09:04 PDT 2011

Hi there !

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 12:25 +0400, Георгий Сапронов wrote:
> Rafael Cabral from Mandriva recommended you as professional in
> OpenOffice developing.

	Good man :-) but really the best thing is to CC the public development
list: don't be afraid - we're quite friendly.

	libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org

	please CC your replies to this there :-) it is much quicker and you get
replies when I'm on holiday / busy etc.

> I and Dmitry Ashkadov (in CC) making changes in OpenOffice. But we get
> in trouble. We'll be glad if you could help us a little :)

	We love changes :-)

> 1. Can we create graphical element (I mean to implement class inherit
> from Window class VCL module) so this element can float on top of its
> parent. What methods we should override and how add it so it can
> receive mouse events?

	Ah - so Window is misleading, that is a very low base class. You want
to inherit from eg. Dialog, or SystemWindow I suspect.

> 2. In the SwEditWin class we have override Paint() function in which
> we want to draw a background.

	Oooh - fun :-)

>  The ViewShell class has _PaintDesktop() function where background
> draw partly. If we comment _PaintDesktop function to prevent
> background drawing  we'll receive white background. And if we draw
> something in SwEditWin::Paint() we have the same white background. If
> we comment in SwEditWin::Paint() line pWrtShell->Paint(...) background
> will not paint in white. So we can't understand where occurs white
> paint. What do you think?

	Well; you sure it is white ? I had a hack at this in the past - I
attach my nasty patch to writer to make shockingly ugly looking
gradients in the background ;-) hopefully it shows you where to hack.
Having said that I think some of that code needs cleaning up really :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.