[Libreoffice] Installing beta versions replacing stable versions

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 27 04:56:51 PDT 2011

HI Andras, *,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/4/26 Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com>:
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> There probably aren't any patches necessary, just try whether the
>> openofficedev target works (I suspect it does, but cannot test now
>> myself, as master is not buildable right now)
>>
> $ cd instsetoo_native/util
> $ dmake openofficedev
>
> Currently it does not work out of the box but it can be fixed. I
> tested libreoffice-3-4 branch. On Linux it complains about SO_PACK
> environment variable which is not set. But some packages are built
> anyway. Install prefix is /opt/lo-dev/.

SO_PACK should only be necessary when building the withJRE variant

> On Windows it wants to package jre which is not there. So:
> $ touch ../../solver/300/wntmsci12.pro/bin/jre-6u22-windows-i586.exe
> $ dmake openofficedev

OK, so there's a bug. It should only attempt to include the JRE when
you build "openofficewithjre" target - so apparently the Product name
used when building the dev version triggers the inclusion of the JRE.

Very likely because of the JAVAPRODUCT 1 in the openoffice.lst for the
dev product.
Also XPDINSTALLER is set to 1 (IIRC this is used to create a java
based installer that installs the RPMs - and thus not really needed
either)

> And it packages LibO-dev! It can be installed parallel to LibreOffice.
> Note: I tried en-US only. It would have taken ages to build all
> languages on my current Windows box.

To build a single language: dmake openofficedev_<language> or build
the languagepack with dmake oodevlanguagepack_<language>

> After some fixing and testing on
> master this target can be used in next beta cycle.

Esp. things to test: How webhelp works with dev-versions (is it
supported at all, or shall users download offline help for those)

ciao
Christian