[Libreoffice] Installing beta versions replacing stable versions

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Thu Apr 28 01:48:04 PDT 2011

> But can you tell me that you
> *really* aren't aware of the OOo-dev builds & build process? You
> developed on OOo:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DomainDeveloper

Sure, I am/was a "registered domain developer", but I always worked in the "ooo-build" a.k.a. "go-oo" build mechanism. Never the "upstream" OOo one. And is/was that OOo-dev thing ever used by anyone except Hamburg?

> and in the release notes for Developer Snapshots has been the following
> (for quite some time):
> http://development.openoffice.org/releases/3.4beta.html
> "This snapshot build will install as OOo-Dev"

I have never installed any (what used to be) "upstream" OOo developer snapshot.. Trust me, this thread is the first time I hear about "OOo-Dev".

--tml