[Libreoffice] ./autogen failed.... on Mac OS X 10.6.6 Please advise me where to get help on this issue...

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at bell.net
Sat Apr 30 11:31:20 PDT 2011

Greetings gentlemen:
You were kind enough to encourage me previously to track down a bug.
Since then I have installed the Mac dependencies, git, and the sources.
Now I am trying to get to the point of doing a build but have hit a wall
because ./autogen failed.

I've googled "Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in ..." and there are several hits.
Also I sent a descriptive post to the list, but so far no one has 
responded with guidance. 

So am I on the wrong list? Should I be contacting developers 
rather than users? Thanks for  your help...


Here is what I posted:
> Today I installed git, got the sources and then tried ./autogen.
> But it failed with missing Perl modules - see log extract below. 
> Where do I go from here?
> respect...
> Peter
> Gandalf:git pteeson$ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap libo
> Cloning into libo...
> remote: Counting objects: 97336, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (25767/25767), done.
> remote: Total 97336 (delta 76935), reused 89473 (delta 70540)
> Receiving objects: 100% (97336/97336), 21.14 MiB | 22 KiB/s, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (76935/76935), done.
> Gandalf:git pteeson$ ./autogen.sh --with-max-jobs=8 --with-num-cpus=8
> -bash: ./autogen.sh: No such file or directory
> Gandalf:git pteeson$ cd libo
> Gandalf:libo pteeson$ ./autogen.sh --with-max-jobs=8 --with-num-cpus=8
> writing args to autogen.lastrun
> running ./configure with '--with-max-jobs=8' '--with-num-cpus=8'
> ...........
> ............
> checking for perl... /opt/local/bin/perl
> checking the Perl version... checked (perl 5)
> checking for required Perl modules... Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/darwin-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9 /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.9/darwin-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.9 /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/darwin-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9 .) at -e line 1.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
> configure: error: Failed to find some modules
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/attachments/20110430/50182ee7/attachment.htm>

More information about the LibreOffice mailing list