[Libreoffice] ./autogen failed.... on Mac OS X 10.6.6 Please advise me where to get help on this issue...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:20:14 PDT 2011

Peter, don't forget to cc the mailing list :-)

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Peter Teeson <peter.teeson at bell.net> wrote:
> On 2011-04-30, at 3:13 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

[...]
> Thanks for responding Norbert.
> I have been following all the online installation/build instructions.
> My environment is 2x2.66GHz Quad-Core Xeon ("Nehalem")
> 6GB 1066 MHz DDR3. So it's not overkill in my case.

6GB may be a bit tight with 8-8. bear in mind that a 8-8 setup could
result in 64 task running at once...
I have 2x2.8 Quad-Core + 32GB of memory. I set aside 15GB for a
temp_ramdisk and another 3GB for a ccache ramdisk. so that leave me
with 14GB of memory...
you want to keep an eye on your memory while the build is running...
if you start swapping, reduce the --max-jobs

> Also all the LibreOffice Mac dependencies were installed.
> As a a (retired) Mac developer Xcode 3.2.4 is my current IDE.
> And I did install the 10.4 SDK just for this project.
> (Although I don't see how that would affect ./autogen)

because the SDK bring in perl dev environemnt, and I thought that it
_could_ have pulled-in Archive/Zip
either way it would affect autogen because configure _do_ test that
you do have it (the SDK)

> So perhaps I do have to install it as you suggested.

Well apparently that's not 'perhaps' :-)

> Although there are some Google posts suggesting it's deprecated
> or no longer used.
It may be deprecated (but then SDK 10.4 is deprecated too ) but it is
certainly still used. case in point :-)

> But I am curious as to Why I got this error and if others have had it.

You had it because a dependency was missing, others probably had it
(me included probably, but I can't remember... I may have had it
installed already for unrelated reasons) and installed the required
dependency.
But the wiki should probably be updated to mention that.

Hope you get running soon. It would be nice to have a Mac Dev take a
look at having libreoffice not depend on SDK 10.4 anymore :-)

Norbert