[Libreoffice] ./autogen failed.... on Mac OS X 10.6.6 Please advise me where to get help on this issue...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:37:33 PDT 2011

Hi Peter,

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Peter Teeson <peter.teeson at bell.net> wrote:

> You were kind enough to encourage me previously to track down a bug.
> Since then I have installed the Mac dependencies, git, and the sources.
> Now I am trying to get to the point of doing a build but have hit a wall
> because ./autogen failed.
> I've googled "Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in ..." and there are several
> hits.

You got a dirty environments with stuff from macports/fink or manual
installation of stuff.

> Also I sent a descriptive post to the list, but so far no one has
> responded with guidance.

Don't remember such a mail, but might be I missed it because of other stuff.

> checking for required Perl modules... Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC
> (@INC contains: /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/darwin-2level
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9 /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.9/darwin-2level
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.9 /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/darwin-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9 .) at -e
> line 1.

See - neither Mac OS X nor Xcode install stuff in /opt/local - so
whatever third-party stuff you did install it is messing with the
environment stuff.

Examine your login-startup files (~/.bashrc or ~/.profile and similar)
and get rid of any macports or fink or darwinports stuff.

ciao
Christian