[Libreoffice] ./autogen failed.... on Mac OS X 10.6.6 Please advise me where to get help on this issue...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 15:54:47 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Peter Teeson <peter.teeson at bell.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Although there are some Google posts suggesting it's deprecated
>>> or no longer used.
>> It may be deprecated (but then SDK 10.4 is deprecated too ) but it is
>> certainly still used. case in point :-)
>
> Using the 10.4 SDK is the only way when you want builds that run on
> the baseline of 10.4 - unless you want to drop support for Mac OSX
> Tiger, then this is the only way.

Really the core issue is support for mac PPC right ?

> If we drop the 10.4 sdk, people
> will start using 10.5/6 stuff without noticing on their system, thus
> breaking 10.4. And when 10.4 users complain, those people who added
> the incompatibility are no longer in the mood for rewriting that same
> piece of code again just to support that old system.

and at some point, it won't be possible to install 10.4 SDK on new
Mac... and people won't be able to build libreoffice at all
it's like saying we won't support kde4 because otherwise some people
may break kde3 support without noticing because they build
kde4....

> I will always oppose to dropping the 10.4 requirement.
'always' is a very long time...

You mean that if someone go to the trouble of providing patch so that
we can build a native 64 bits version for Mac
you would reject/revert these patches ?