[Libreoffice] Git hangs?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Aug 1 04:32:47 PDT 2011

Hi Olivier,

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 06:51 -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> Any git command i isssue does not gives me a response anymore.

	Ok - that is bad,

> e.g. git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap libo

	Do you have access via the git:// protocol ? or is that firewalled ?
try adding a '-v' to see where it gets to.

> or ./g pull -r
> is there somenthing going in the git repo?

	Not yet; work is planned to merge them in about a week's time,
requiring a new checkout of a single git repository rather than lots
(which should help).

	Beyond that - we did a 'git gc' on the server which substantially
shrunk our repos - from 6gb -> 2gb or so, which should help http://
checkouts I think [ which themselves have terrible feedback ].

	Failing -v helping, an 'strace -f' might show something useful.

	Oh, and thanks for your patch ! great to see that go in :-)

	All the bestm

		Michael.