[Libreoffice] Request for a VM

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 2 05:16:59 PDT 2011

HI Danishka, *,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you may know Fedora 14 does not release F14 based Libo RPMs but for F15.
> I would like to take care of building Libo for F14.

Why building? What is wrong with the rpms that are provided? They
surely run on F14, don't they?

> If some one install Libo RPMs manually he/she wont get automatic updates.

This is an entirely different topic.

> I am trying to maintain a repository where users can easily install Libo on
> F14 using the YUM.

Sorry, this very likely won't happen on TDF servers.

What *might* be possible (in future, not in the short term) is to
provide repositories for different distros with the released rpms/debs
(i.e. the same versions as available now, but installabe via your
repo's tools, but what won't be hosted on TDF servers is
distro-specific builds of LO everyone would get the same files, no
matter whether the user is running Fedora or Mandriva or SuSE,... or
whether the user runs F14 or F15.

> Highly appreciate if I could get a VM to start the build process.

building: Why not use your own system?
providing a repo with F14 specific files: Surely F14 has some kind of
contrib system like every other distro? You should get in touch with
the fedora project for that.

ciao
Christian