[Libreoffice] link error in comhelper with undefined references from ucbhelper

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Aug 4 15:02:53 PDT 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 21:22:54 +0200
Eike Rathke <ooo at erack.de> wrote:

> But I was lying when I said before the symbols were there, well, they
> are, but local, nm gives 't' instead of 'T'. Apparently the gnumake
> transition switched visibility to all-off. Looking at the dmake build
> there was ucbhelper.flt used to build the ignore list for exports.

Well, indeed gnumake should only care about the symbols marked via
UCBHELPER_DLLPUBLIC (from ucbhelper/inc/ucbhelper/ucbhelperdllapi.h)
which should expand to
   __attribute__((visibility("default")))
for linux via SAL_DLLPUBLIC_EXPORT on building the object files as
UCBHELPER_DLLIMPLEMENTATION is set during the compiles.

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen