[Libreoffice] link error in comhelper with undefined references from ucbhelper

Eike Rathke ooo at erack.de
Fri Aug 5 02:56:02 PDT 2011

Hi Marc-André,

On Friday, 2011-08-05 10:04:14 +0530, Marc-André Laverdière wrote:

> I recall that some exploits in the past have been done by linking to a
> symbol that wasn't hidden but should've... in other words the attackers
> bypassed the method/function with the argument validity checks.

Note that this visibility problem
a) was due to my own stupidity not having rebased all of my source tree
b) is solved now that I did that
c) now exports the symbols as intended, and only those

Which of course doesn't mean that there couldn't be methods that don't
check argument validity properly, as in any library..

  Eike