[Libreoffice] Problem with embedded images

tka0330 tka0330 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:09:48 PDT 2011

Hello everyone.
I'm not sure that this is the best place, but I would describe an annoying
problem that seems to be a bug.
I'm editing a file with a few drawings. After a few sessions, it appears
that the file is corrupted and the Libre Office crashes (so does Open Office
too). To see what was happening, I looked content.xml  inside the odt file.
And what's interesting: one of the images embedded using <draw> tag was
cloned 2048 times.
The number 2048 (2 ^ 11) is not accidental. I checked that each save the
file doubles the number of tags <draw> referring to the same object.
I hope that clearly described the problem (sorry for my poor English).
I would add that have observed this problem on several documents, each of
which has been edited by several people (with track changes and commenting)
on versions 3.2.1 and 3.3.0.