[Libreoffice] Reviewing EasyHacks

Gerald Leppert gleppert at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 23:27:10 PDT 2011

Hi Christoph,

thanks for your ideas to improve the EasyHacks system. Below you find
some additional thoughts.
> [...] However, the question was if additional (whiteboard) tags like
> "UxSimplyGo" or "UxGetAdvice" might help. These tags could be added in
> QA bug hunting sessions, or by a regular review of such tasks by the
> Design Team. In the meantime, I also got sometimes added to be the "ux
> contact" for other issues ...
>
> Might the tag solution be helpful? Or are there other ideas / proposals
> to make it even "easier" for developers to simply grab Easy Hacks? [...]
Additionally to the whiteboard tags, adding standard comments to the
respective bug entry might make sense and would help to avoid
misunderstandings. The standard comments could be something like:

In case of a easy hack proposed by a user:
"This is a proposed easy hack entered by a user of the LibreOffice
community. So far, the enhancement request is neither verified nor
approved by a LibreOffice developer in terms of easiness of its
implementation. If you like the idea of this proposed easy hack, please
go ahead and contact ....(UX and DEV list?)....before you start coding"

In case the easy hack was entered by a developer:
"This is an approved easy hack. The developer team has found this bug or
enhancement request as an easy entry step to start coding with
LibreOffice. You are welcome to take this bug and start coding. Please
contact (.....)"

What do you think about this idea?

Kind regards
Gerald