[Libreoffice] ccache support

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 7 16:55:14 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've pushed
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=57cf026739a3d707378ca38f59518b018fccca8f

Note on the Mac-OSX case:
The previous check was not to completely disable ccache, but only to
check whether --ccache-skip can be used safely. Even with unsuitable
versions (like unpatched 2.4 or 3.0) you could use ccache, it was just
that objective-c(++) was not cached.

> This try to automatically use ccache when present, unless CC= or CXX=
> was specified by the user or --disable-ccache was passed to autogen
> This also detect if CC or CXX is already an alias for ccache, in which
> case ccache is not prefixed to CC and/or CXX

The latter is not done for the Mac OSX case when gcc 4.0 is forced,
or am I overlooking something?

I personally would prefer if the heading-comments would use "#" and
not "dnl" - any reason why you're using dnl and thus remove any hints
on the structure of the checks from the generated configure?

ciao
Christian