[Libreoffice] ccache support

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 8 01:04:55 PDT 2011

Hi Norbert, *,

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Christian Lohmaier
> <lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> if it's already an alias for ccache, it won't be prefixed with an
>> additional "ccace"
> [...]
> I'm not sure I'm following: are you talking of the case where someone,
> on MacOS, has set-up ccache to masquerade as the compiler ?

I was using your words..
I'm talking about having setup ccache using symlinks.

gcc → ccache
g++ → ccache
gcc-4.0.1 → ccache
[...]

And having those in a PATH that comes before actual compiler.

It just doesn't make much sense to do magic with CC (i.e check whether
it is ccache driven or not) and then later set CC to a completely
different compiler. This is the part that is/was MacOS specific. You
changed the order of the blocks, so thanks for that :-)

ciao
Christian