[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] configure help text incorrect: --with-system-sane(-header)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 09:13:18 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 11:30 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The bootstrap configure help text claims it supports
> --with-system-sane-header, but when passed this option it says
> "warning: unrecognized option --with-system-sane-header". The option
> actually implemented is called --with-system-sane. The attached patch
> puts the help text in line with the implementation.

Hmm, once upon a time we distinguished at the --with-FOO level between
system libs that we linked against and system headers where no linkage
was involved. The idea was that if you used e.g.
--with-system-odbc-headers if was a flag that while you might be using
the odbc headers that we weren't linking directly against odbc libs.

Somewhere along the line this distinction seems to have be taken out of
a lot of the --with options though
--with-system-headers/with_system_headers is still active and implies
those --with-system non-linkage things, which is the one we use on our
distro builds, so I never noticed that the individual options changed
names underneath that.

I don't know why exactly this all got changed :-(, but seeing as it has,
it makes sense to make the help match the option so pushed.

The sad thing is that --with-system-sane is broken in that the
configure.in remained looking for "with_system_sane_header" not
"with_system_sane", so it wasn't doing anything anyway for ages :-(

There then still remains two inconsistent "system-xrender-headers" and
"system-mesa-headers" options.

Logically, given the odbc, sane, vigra, etc. options they should now be
"system-mesa" and "system-xrender".

C.