[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Suggestion and patch for "Confirmation of save format" dialog

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Aug 11 05:09:06 PDT 2011

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Noack schrieb:
> Hi Josh, Regina, Astron!
[..]

> Another thing I've thought about is "keep", "use anyway", ... Only the
> visual marker on the button reveals the default choice in the dialog
> (grrr, different to LibreOffice ODF default - didn't notice that) - so
> my take is to address this via:
> [Use WhatEver Format] [Switch to ODF Format]

I think, that does not solve the "keep" problem. The document, the user
is working on, _is_ in ODF Format. So saying "Switch to ODK Format"
makes no sense to him. The user relates (or might relate) the button
caption not to the target file format but to the source file format. So
the wording should avoid anything like "Switch", "Keep", "Stay with" or so.

Kind regards
Regina