[Libreoffice] Class Time and its funny ideas about time

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Aug 12 11:25:26 PDT 2011

On Thursday 11 of August 2011, Eike Rathke wrote:

> 2) Why should GetSec() of a negative delta return a negative amount of
>    seconds?

 I didn't say it should be negative, it just should be sane. Which in this
case should be ... uhm ... oh well, another botched API.

> The probability that something would break if you just "fixed" #2 is
> quite high. The only way to make sure is to temporarily make the methods
> private, build the entire office and inspect each and every place the
> compiler complains about.

 Hint: It's simpler to check usage of something (no compilation errors) by
marking it as deprecated, building with that and grepping the output for
deprecation warnings.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz