[Libreoffice] [GSoc] Mentors: Final Evaluation Questions
cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue Aug 16 05:57:11 PDT 2011
Hello fellow mentors,
I'm just forwarding you an email from Carol Smith handling the GSoc at
Google. It contains all the questions for the final evaluation if you
want to think about them in advance.
Remember: the final evaluations are next week from Monday to Friday.
-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Carol Smith <carols at google.com>
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List
<google-summer-of-code-mentors-list at googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Announce] GSoC 2011 Mentors/Org Admins: Final Evaluation
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:55:18 -0700
As promised, here are the questions for the final evaluations next
Final evaluations are due 26 August at 19:00 UTC.
Mentor evaluations, as always, are required for all mentors with
assigned students participating in the program. Co-mentors may edit and
modify the evaluations as they see fit during the evaluation window.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
1. How would you rate the student’s performance on his/her project
since the midterm evaluations?
1. It has improved since the midterm
2. It has stayed the same since the midterm
3. It has gotten worse since the midterm
2. Considering your student’s original project proposal, how
closely does the project produced reflect the project proposed?
1. It’s almost exactly the same - there have been very few
changes to the project
2. It’s similar - there have been some changes over the
course of the summer
3. It’s different - we changed the goals or scope of the
4. It’s different - the student diverged from the project
3. How much time have you spent on Google Summer of Code since the
midterm evaluations (again, take into consideration both time
mentoring the student and working on the program as a whole)?
1. 10-15 hours per week
2. 15-20 hours per week
3. 20-25 hours per week
4. 25-30 hours per week
5. 30-35 hours per week
6. 35-40 hours per week
7. 40+ hours per week
4. How does this amount of time compare to before the midterms?
1. It’s less then before the midterms
2. It’s about the same
3. It’s more than before the midterms
5. How would you rate your student’s performance overall?
1. Excellent - amongst the best performers I’ve ever worked
2. Strong, solid performance
6. How would you rate your experience with the program overall?
1. Excellent - one of the best programs I’ve ever
2. Very good
7. Did you have a co-mentor in the program this year? If so, would
you consider this a help or a hindrance? Why?
8. What one thing would you tell mentors for your organization to
do in the future to help the students’ experience with the
9. What was the most rewarding and/or difficult part of the program
for you this year?
10. Anything else you’d like to tell us?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Google Summer of Code Mentors List" group.
To post to this group, send email to
google-summer-of-code-mentors-list at googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
google-summer-of-code-mentors-list+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
More information about the LibreOffice