[Libreoffice] [GSoC] merged library

Stephan Bergmann stephan.bergmann.secondary at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 17 02:45:45 PDT 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 8:13 PM, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> - There are more objects with the same name in different modules.
>   So, is it possible to create one object file for each module and
> make these variables, classes.. invisible outside object file and then
> create big library from them?
> I would guess it's not possible and we have to rename or get rid of
> them somehow?

I assume with "objects" in the first sentence you mean named C++ entities like classes and functions, not linkable object files, right?  In that case, there might be three different solutions:  Either, the same-named entities are more or less copies of each other.  In that case, the best fix would be to fold them into a single instance (but that of course can be somewhat difficult as long as your changes are BIGSVX conditional.)  Or the same-named entities are different things, in which case either C++ namespaces or renaming would help (and the latter is preferable if it helps avoid confusion).

-Stephan