[Libreoffice] Bugzilla handling of multiple branches

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Thu Aug 18 02:16:45 PDT 2011

Hi,
I think Kohei has covered most of the questions below but..
On 17/08/11 19:49, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> So I don't know when to close a bug. When it is fixed in master?
yes, and normally the committer does that, is it a rule? I don't know,
it's just what I and at least I know others do. Normally I put the
commit id(s) and branches in the comment too. This time you closed the
bug before I got around to doing that and that kinda distracted me from
doing what I normally do
>   When
> it is fixed in all branches where we want it fixed?
>
> For example, bug #40079; it is fixed in master, so I closed it. But
> now it shows up as not blocking "LibreOffice 3.4 most annoying bugs"
> anymore (it is striked out),
when we want a bug to be fixed in the 3.4 release then we need to get
the patch into the general dev branch associated with 3.4 ( e.g. the
libreoffice-3-4 branch )  and also the release branch e.g.
libreoffice-3-4-3. There are rules though about committing to these
branches. Currently you need the approval of 1 reviewer to commit to the
libreoffice-3-4 branch and the approval of 3 reviewers to commit to the
release branch. I have already pushed the patch to 3.4 and//I already
asked for a review so that this bug can go into libreoffice-3-4-3. It is
a good idea to monitor the mailing list and the information that the
patch was pushed to master, 3.4 and request for approval to commit to
libreoffice-3-4-3 is all under that same thread you started about the
patch for that issue.

Noel